Thursday, October 04, 2012

The 316th good thing about Lagos: they tell it like it is.

Hi!  I'm still alive!  I've been on an extended blog-cation.  I went back to the States for the summer with a list of my spring blog posts and I intended to use some of my free time to do blog catch up.  Well, when away from Lagos there are plenty of pleasant diversions and I never got around to blogging.  So now I'm faced with some very old news with my lists of posts, but I'm going to try to be diligent about writing about this old stuff so I can eventually get more current.  This blog is my journal of my time here, so I don't want to leave out months of activities.

So I'll start with an easy one.  My previous post was of the Lagos carnival.  As we were leaving the carnival, we saw this tank truck that would be servicing the outhouses lining up outside the stadium grounds.  I blogged about this company before, with the slogan "Sh__ business is serious business."




























The sign on this truck is certainly blunt, but my favorite one is in my other post:  "To you it may be sh__, but to us it's bread and butter."  You just don't see this stuff in the States.

No comments: