Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The 146th good thing about Lagos: new products available under the bridge

I make a regular stop to buy my fruits and vegetables under the Falomo bridge. They also sell fresh fish there which usually looks good. I do know some expats buy fish there, but I'm a little bit leery of the fish sitting out on these wooden tables. I sometimes see the sellers taking it out of ice, but I'm just not confident that I can discern what is fresh and safe to eat and what is not, and I also don't like the idea of fish coming from these polluted waters around Lagos. So I steer clear of the fish, but get some nice produce in that market under the bridge. I got a chuckle the other day when there was a new display there. There wasn't anyone right next to this shopping area, so maybe these items weren't for sale at all, but someone's idea of market beautification.


No comments: