Saturday, January 01, 2011

The 250th good thing about Lagos: Holiday activities

There was so much going on for me in the short span of time between our return from our November trip and leaving for the States on December 9th -- hopefully now you can understand why I've waited till after Christmas to finally get to blogging about it!  Before I left Lagos, the Christmas decorations were up all over town.  Lagos has gotten better at decorations each year I've been there.  On the way home from my charity visit, we drove by the National Theater with the large Christmas tree all decorated.


 Most of the expat activity groups had some sort of holiday party or get together.  This is a picture from the holiday lunch of the African Book Group.  This is a really great group that I recently joined.  We meet weekly and read and discuss books by Africans and/or about Africa.  We've had some interesting discussions and I'm looking forward to many more with this diverse group of women.

 My Bible Study group had a fun Christmas get-together with wonderful food and a Christmas program with carols and readings to get us in the holiday spirit.



Christmas is a great excuse for a celebration, but it seems like expats in Lagos don't need a big holiday to get together for good food and good conversation. 

I hope you all had wonderful holiday festivities and I'll take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very happy 2011!

No comments: